Announcing Pre-built UX/UI: Nylas Components
Dominic Corsaro | October 21, 2021
94% of the factors that affect a user’s first impression of your product are design-related, and designing, building, and launching successful UX/UI for your application can take up to 7 weeks. However, developers still spend 50% of their time reworking projects due to poor UX. As competition is rapidly increasing in every industry, both speed to market and powerful UX/UI are necessities that companies can’t afford to miss.
Leveraging pre-built UX/UI helps get your application to market without building and designing front-end elements from scratch. We are excited to announce the Nylas solution to this problem: Nylas Components.
Want a PDF of this article?
Share it with a friend or save it for later reading.
We'll send the PDF straight to your inbox!
- Composer: Composer uses the Nylas Email API and Contacts API to seamlessly compose and send emails. Composer also provides the ability to search for contacts, attach files, and send at a scheduled date/time using the Outbox endpoint beta.
- Agenda Component: Built on the Nylas Calendar API, this highly customizable, front-end calendar component displays a summarized view of each selected day’s events. This Component offers the ability to navigate any number of days in the past and the future.
- Contact List Component: Contact List leverages the Nylas Contacts API to enable users with the ability to search for and create contacts while providing critical information such as full name, email address, and last day emailed.
- Email Component: The Email Component is built on the Nylas Email and Contacts APIs to provide your users the ability to connect to any email data and provide a custom front end for your application.
- Mailbox Component: Mailbox combines multiple Email Components and enables end users with customizable actions like bulk selections, filtering emails, pagination support and more.
- Conversations Component: The Conversations Component incorporates both the Nylas Email and Neural APIs to transform messages and/or threads into chat.
Long Development Cycles and Poor End User Experience
Depending on the application’s complexity, apps can take anywhere between three and nine months to develop. Designing and building a front-end experience requires a significant amount of development work, feedback, and testing and can account for up to three months of development time. Speed to market is crucial in success, and you don’t want to risk delays due to reworking less than optimal UX. Not only does bad UX slow down your success, but it also can drive customers away. Studies show that 88% of users are less likely to return after a bad user experience, and acquiring a new customer can be 5x as expensive as retaining an existing one.
Shorten Development Time and Increase Customer Retention
With as little as five lines of code, you can position your application as your customers’ core productivity hub with ready-made UX/UI. You no longer need to divert resources to build, maintain, and test front-end solutions and can free up engineering time to focus on other important business initiatives. In addition to saving months of work, incorporating pre-built UX/UI features reduces customer churn risk. Built and maintained by a team of Nylas engineers, Components seamlessly delivers modern UX features and functionality that drive customer loyalty and retention.
Launch Customizable UX/UI With a Few Lines of Code
Nylas Components enable you to quickly implement user experiences that leverage the Nylas suite of APIs to support common use cases like viewing calendars, sending emails, or managing a user’s contacts book, eliminating the need to design user interfaces from scratch.
For example, here’s the terminal command to install the Nylas Agenda Component:
npm i @nylas/components-agenda
Powerful UX/UI Made Easy
Speak to a Nylas Platform Specialist now to learn more about Nylas Components.